The story of dice

 The story of dice

The story of dice

 


Hello I'm Dave burse I'm the author of

how to get to great ideas and I want to

run you through my story dice generator

that I've built it's an online tool that

will give you story dice to help you

generate stories and I want to show you

how to use it so let's get started I've

got my Mac here let's type in the web

address Dave burst calm that's my name

slash story dice hit return let's deal

with the first one we've got okay so

what I tend to do is I tend to start at

the end to work out where my story is

going to one of the most important

things and stories is to try and

transform a character from the beginning

to the end and that's what we're going

to try to do here so the end here I've

got drinks so that could mean that

somebody's celebrating with drinks it

could mean that somebody's

commiserating

with drinks they're they're trying to

drink to forget you know it could just

be that they're thirsty so we then go

back to the beginning to work out now

there's a book at the beginning that

could be any kind of book it could be a

phone book it could be a Bible it couldbe a novel it could be my book right

here so let me have a bit of ponder and

Ill come back to with a story

[Music]

okay let's see if we can get a story out

of this now it's not necessarily going

to be a good story but itll be a story

not be a short one so one morningl was

reading a book in my pants because

that's what I like to do and sitting in

the chair in my pants reading the book

oh there's so something sparkling no at

the corner of my eye was this thing in

the carpet sparkling and it it was a

hair clip and as I was looking this hair

clip I thought well better look around

see if there's anything else in the

carpet I looked the whole place was an

absolute mess no my wife was going to

be

The story of dice


coming home and just about an hour or

SO

and it was I had a lot of tidying to do

So|I went round the house I put down

the book I started picking things up

tidied the floor completely and then

realized it's still quite dusty as well

so I got the vacuum cleaner I gave a

really good tidy now I broke into a

sweat I was so hot|l just I ended just having to down just loads and loads

of water becausel was exhausted and I

was sweating and I'm just in a horrible

state after doing all this cleaning and

at that point my wife comes in finding

me standing in the middle of the living

room soaked in sweat in my underpants I

had a lot of explaining to do okay so

there we go

that's number one stassi's using a story

using the five dice method it's not a

great story as I said but you know it's

a story it came to mind it's what the

dice gave us is what we ended up with so

let's actually have a look now as you

can see up in the top left corner of the

Screen here we've got the nine dice

version so let's have a look at that and

do a nine dice story as well what does

it give us okay so we start with a bus

and a rocket and some a mousetrap and

We

end with a toy it's okay this I'm sorry

this might not be a pleasant story so

again I'l| look at the toilet try and

work out how it is I'm going to end this

story on the toilet

IIl be back with you with a story very

shortlyhold on to your trousers

[Music]

The story of dice


okay so let's try this story here this

is the story of Susan and how Susan

realized that maybe is not good to be

cruel to animals Susan had finished at

work she had a job working for the

council doing very dreary clerical kind

of work and she couldn't wait to get

home she jumped on the bus and the bus

just couldn't go fast enough she wanted

it to race all the way home like a

rocket because she had bought herself a

new mousetrap and she wanted to try out

she'd had a problem with mice for a few

weeks now

she'd be lying there at night on ersity

watching a bit of television and she

passed a mouse of course another

Mouse

would go that way she wanted to get ridWould go that way she wanted to get rid

of these mice so she had this mousetrap

she was desperate to try it out so as

soon as she got on she ran to the fridge

got a chunk of cheese put it in the

mousetrap put the most trapped down in

the floor and then she thought she'll

just go about her night as normal just

keeping an eye on this mousetrap as she

did it so she sat down a nurse a teen

switched on Netflix and started eating

her dinner she had a burger for dinner

that night that was great once she was

finished with that she stayed in the

city and she folded some of her laundry

her underwear some of her tops she got

all her laundry sorted still no mouse

had gone to this mousetrap so she

thought well ll wait a little bit

longer and she went and she opened up

bottle of wine and she poured herself a

glass of wine most still hadn't gone

into the trap so she followed herself a

second glass of wine and again there

was

Mike's theater saw them. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments