The story of the Alan Rickman

The story of the Alan Rickman

The story of the Alan Rickman


 so about about 20 years ago I was had

this idea of putting a play on

and

um l'd never been involved with theater

never written a plane haven't directed A

play didn't know anything about it

particularly me and mate kind of put the

money up to to hire a theater it was a

small little Fringe theater in King's

cross it's moved now or doesn't exist to

cut a long story short we found some

actors

same time I was trying to get marketing

together so

posters and flyers and things like that

old school style this is going to

perform social media thing

um and I had this idea that if I could

get someone

um famous to give me a quote

Sso to read the play give me a quote

saying this is the most amazing play

that l've ever read

um I could put that on the poster you

know so and so says this that and the

other one and then

um you know it's a little bit naive but

I was all gung-ho gun is it gung-ho or

gung-ho anyway

The story of the Alan Rickman


and um yeah so that's what I was going

to do

slight problem I didnt know anyonefamous so then I had|l was looking

through timeout which I used to do

religiously timeout magazine

and I suddenly realized that you've

them have sort of famous actors and

stuff in and at the end of each night

they have to walk out of the stage door

um so theoretically if l could get there

and then hand them my play get them to

read it give me a quote

um then that's fine Robert's your

father's brother

um so I had a look through and there

were only two actors uh that was well

known uh one was Eddie lzzard and the

other was Alan Rickman so the first

night I went down to it was called the

comedy theater it's now called the

Harold Pinter theater and I watched

Eddie lzard in a day in the death of Joe

uh at the back of the theater and

actually someone on my row projectile

Vomited over everyone a few rows ahead

which is a whole nother story don't

really need to go on about that but at

the end of the end of the play I hung

around at the stage door and Eddie

Izzard came out and I explained what l'd

like him to do and he said look I'm

dyslexic I have trouble enough as it is

um

reading the scripts Im supposed to readso the likelihood of reading a script I

don't have to read is massively Z so

it's going to be a no from me so I said

fair enough the next night I was just

like okay I sat through you know that

was like a whole evening if I could get

to Alan rickman's needs it's called the

oldbury theater which was is now called

the Noel coward theater

um if I could get there as he goes in

then I dont have to hang around all

evening so I got there super early

obviously completely missed him ended

up

hanging around I didnt watch this

player it was called private lives not

funny enough was a Noel coward play so

hung around went to a pub I remember he

was absolutely pissing it down and then

um waited outside the stage door now

the

problem with the stage door was that

obviously Alan Rickman was was quite

popular and they'd actually erected like

little

um

sort of fencing area and there was a

whole sort of gaggle of middle-aged

Women waiting for him so I was kind of

standing back a little bit out of the

way uh not wanting to get too involved

and Alan Rickman he did eventually come

out and he had to spend ages signing

autographs having his photo taken almy script

and l just stood there

and then I suddenly became aware that

sort of off to the right

um he had a couple of friends who were

just sort of very

patiently waiting for him to finish

doing all this stuff uh for his fans

and then he he eventually sort of

extricated himself and then he went over

to his mates and then they started

walking towards me

and I just sort of wrote and I thought |

can't do it I can't oh no and then I was

just like I had these things going I've

been here for like six hours now and

they walked straight past me turned the

corner walked down towards Charing

Cross

The story of the Alan Rickman


Road

along the side I think it's the Windham

theater and they were just walking away

and I was just watching them walk

further and further and further awayI

was like Johnny come on come on this is

it so and I went

um Rickman

Mr Rickman and he turned around and

gave

me this absolutely withering look

and I could just I was sort of bricking

it and I sort of just said look I've got

this play ld really like you to read itwent leave it at the stage door and I'|l

pick it up tomorrow so

off they went

probably moaning about me anyway

um the next day I went back to the stage

door explained and l handed the theater

um that I handed the uh scripting with

Someone there

and then kind of forgot about it and a

little while later I got an envelope in

the post from someone with very nice

handwriting I was living in Bethel green

at the time

and it was from

Alan Rickman

um and on little Alan Rickman

headed dudar. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments